Science educators have believed that the laboratory is an important means of instruction in science. Our students try to master:
- Skills – manipulative, inquiry, investigative, organizational, communicative.
- Concepts – hypothesis, theoretical model, taxonomic category.
- Cognitive abilities – critical thinking, problem solving, application, analysis, synthesis.
- Understanding the nature of science – scientific enterprise, scientists and how they work, existence of a multiplicity of scientific methods, interrelationships between science and technology and among the various disciplines of science.
- Attitudes – curiosity, interest, risk taking, objectivity, precision,confidence, perseverance, satisfaction, responsibility, consensus, collaboration and liking science.
- Effective teaching and learning of science involves a perpetual state of show and tell. Teachers at CIVILIZE combine classroom teaching with laboratory experiments to ensure that their students grasp each and every concept thoroughly. It is also believed that laboratory teaching and experiments that are being conducted there help encourage deep understanding in children. Children are able to retain the knowledge for longer when they see the experiments being performed in front of their eyes.
ART AND CRAFT EDUCATION
students at CIVILIZE learns the master strokes of art in painting, sketching, shading, free-hand , craft making and many more..
It’s been proven that early exposure to visual art, music or drama promotes activity in the brain.
Art helps children understand other subjects much more clearly from math and science, to language arts and geography.
Art nurtures inventiveness as it engages children in a process that aids in the development of self-esteem, self-discipline, cooperation and self-motivation.
Participating in art activities helps children to gain the tools necessary for understanding human experience, adapting to and respecting others’ ways of working and thinking, developing creative problem-solving skills and communicating thoughts and ideas in a variety of ways.
Whether dancing around the living room on a rainy day or singing along to the radio, school-age kids love listening to and participating in music. And there are loads of good reasons to encourage this enthusiasm. Research shows that kids who are actively involved in music (who play it or sing it regularly).
Do better in reading learn coordination, goal-setting, concentration, and cooperation are more likely to do better in math and science because music helps build reasoning skills and cognitive development, which are important to both get along better with their peers and have higher self-esteem.
CIVILIZE boasts of a two store Library with hundreds of books on different discipline.The school library is central to learning and plays a key role as a place for encouraging innovation, curiosity and problem solving. Our library is a catalyst for literacy and reading and for teaching and scaffolding inquiry learning. School libraries make a difference to students understanding and achievement and provide support for teaching and learning throughout the school. The school library is an important part of the school community and reflects and welcomes this community.
21st century classrooms need 21st century state of the art infrastructure. All the classrooms are equipped with green board , LCD projector and which offers 360 Degree Approach -Learn, Practice & Test – completing the full cycle of learning. We believe in educating their students with the best and simple process of teaching. We follows 3 simple steps to teach students. First, comprehensive concepts through various multimedia platforms. Second, Practice through several interactive exercises and third, taking tests
Students, Teacher and Parents are the three corners of a triangle of Education system.
To take parents into confidence and get first hand information to understand their wards academic progress is the prime motive of teachers.
We also invite practical and positive suggestion for further improvement of the school.
By parents interacting with teachers they know their position clearly and with teachers suggestion the parents will plan out home study and the child also feels confident in moving forward in his/her studies.
The Series of meetings which the school has conducted in these years we feel confident to say the parents are having faith in this institution and school also delivered work in accordance with the expectation of parents.
Civilize modern school is equipped with the latest technology in terms of hardware and software including 21 networked computers We have dedicated 5 Mbps lease line for internet connection. Students are allowed to access internet for their projects in different subjects . They learn the importance of computer system in human life. We can accommodate entire class consisting of 21 students in Computer Lab at a time where all students are given individual systems to work upon.
Different sports bring in many physical and mental benefits. Aside from the apparent bodily changes these physical activities could bring, sports also result in mental development. Civilize boasts of a plethora of indoor and outdoor sports and games.